California’s Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP) plays a crucial role in the deployment of zero-emission and near-zero-emission technologies.
HVIP opens for FY21-22 - funding on March 30, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Total HVIP Funding for Zero-Emission Vehicles:
- $196.6M - Commercial & Public Fleet Trucks
- $70M - Public Transit Buses
- $25M - Small Fleets (public or private fleets with 10 or less trucks)
- $130M - Public School Buses (Small-Medium Air Quality Areas)
HVIP funding can be stacked with local air-quality grant programs, as well as federal funding to help cover up to 90% of the total cost of vehicles purchased.
Voucher Amounts Available:
- $60,000 - Class 4-5 Vehicles
- $85,000 - Class 6 Vehicles
- 15% - Public Transit Agencies
- 65% - Public School Districts
- 15% - Disadvantaged Communities*
*must be domiciled within the disadvantaged community
School & Transit Buses
Built on the Zeus Power Platform, Pegasus Bus will be deploying all-electric school buses in 2022.
Pegasus is also working with Zeus to deploy all-electric transit buses for use in airports, municipalities and shuttles.
Get in on price breaks from $60,000 to $240,000 on Zeus Electric Trucks & Buses
Individual owner-operators, small businesses, corporate leaders, school districts, and municipal fleets are all eligible.
Electric Utility Vehicles
Zeus EV work trucks are being delivered in 2022 for the SMUD six-month fleet electrification pilot program